Okay. I had to post this because I made it tonight, looked up the nutrition facts and it’s only 131 calories per slice. I had to share! It also only took me around 20 minutes to prep and 40 minutes to bake. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Here’s a tip: If you don’t have an oven in your room, use the community kitchen in your dorm. Or make friends with someone who has an apartment or house and give them some of whatever you make. They will love it! You get a place to cook and their home will smell yummy and they get free food. Everyone’s happy.
This banana bread recipe came about because my original recipe has 2 eggs and I only had one egg in my fridge tonight. So I made some adjustments- and I have to say, it’s the best banana bread I’ve ever made.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 bananas
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs greek yogurt plain.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups white flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the sugar and bananas together until creamy. Add in vegetable oil, Greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Mix in well.
- Put all dry ingredients on a separate bowl or plate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing slowly.
- Add in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared pan 9X11 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until when tested with a tooth pick, it comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temp, both are delicious!