I dislike breakfast. I know it’s one of the most important meals of the day, but I can never force myself to have it. Unless there is lox (also called smoked salmon) involved. However, bagels and lox is fattening beyond belief and I was getting tired of my lettuce, smoked salmon wrap. I love quinoa bowls with chicken for lunch so I decided to swap out the chicken with smoked salmon and make it more of a breakfast meal. Quinoa is a great grain packed that also has protein. So for all of you protein lovers out there, this is the recipe for you. Smoked salmon can be pricey, but you can get 2 huge packets at Costco for pretty cheap. Or you can always substitute with a fried egg. It’s still packed with healthy fats, feels breakfast-y, and fills you up!
- ¼ cup colored quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- ¼ cup small broccoli
- ¼ cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth/water
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the quinoa and the onions. Cook until onions are softened.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, and liquid. Stir with a spatula until liquid evaporates.
- Transfer to a bowl and add smoked salmon on top. Enjoy!